SSP Logo

Program Information
International Rules and Guidelines FAQ

Intel ISEF

Does my project need prior review and approval?

All projects need an initial review by an adult sponsor which is documented on Form 1. Studies involving human subjects need additional review and approval by an Institutional Review Board (IRB). This board should be established at your school or your regional fair.

Studies involving vertebrate animals or potentially hazardous biological agents require an additional review and approval by your fair's Scientific Review Committee (SRC).

Hazardous chemicals, activities and devices require an additional review by a supervising adult and a Risk Assessment Form must be completed.

Return to the FAQ list

© 2008 Society for Science & the Public. All Rights Reserved.
Society for Science & the Public 1719 N Street N.W. , Washington, DC 20036, 202-785-2255.